Monday 21 March 2016

21st - Arrival

According to plan we were supposed to depart Copenhagen 1830 and arrive at JFK at 2200. This would give me 1½ hours to get out on the other side and catch the last departure of a bus that would take me directly to a stop in Manhattan 2 blocks from the hotel. The alternative would be to take a train from the airport to a subway stop and from there the subway for an hour or so to the same stop as with the bus. Absolutely doable but the bus was just more convenient – especially when I don’t know the subway system at all.

So I got a bit annoyed that we at 1900 still hadn’t departed CPH, but when they were ready to go a girl locked herself in one of the lavatories. It took 3 attendants to unlock and open the door but after that drama we were finally on our way. Unfortunately we didn’t catch up on the delay on the way so we didn’t reach the gate until around 2245. I expected to have missed the last bus’ departure but to my surprise it only took half an hour to get through security and pick up my bag. I got my ticket, stepped into the bus and an hour later I arrived safely at the hotel where I checked in without any issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment