Monday 2 October 2023

1st – 2nd – Post race and return home

I had eyed a steak restaurant close to the hotel for dinner, and it was only possible to get a table for 1730 unless I wanted to wait until 2100 so obviously I went for an early dinner. It has positive reviews so I had high hopes, though I ended up disappointed. Bland risotto, tasty but not particularly tender steak, a pepper sauce that barely tasted of anything, so-so fries but a delicious dessert. The bread & butter and wine was good, though. So that was a great finish to an otherwise excellent day.

Relaxing the rest of the night followed by a good night’s sleep I grabbed myself a full breakfast before checking out and spent some time walking around before heading towards the airport. On the way to the train station I managed to grab some fish & chips before getting on the train and getting to the airport where checking in went smooth. I sat down in probably the smallest lounge ever at tarmac level (though I ended up seeing more rainbows than planes) before boarding on my flight to Amsterdam. Getting through the large airport in an hour was a bit stressful, having to go through security didn’t make it faster, but I finally made it to my next gate – and in time. And then it turned out my connecting flight was almost half an hour delayed. Oh, well.

How I feel about marathons.

Last leg went without a hitch and I was soon back in Denmark. Unfortunately due to the delay I missed my train connection so instead of getting home around midnight I was home around 0115. Bummer.

The view from the lounge at Inverness airport.
Saw more rainbows than planes.

Despite Inverness not being that interesting and getting home later than expected, I really enjoyed this trip. Might have something to do with me having a very good marathon. But that’s just guesswork.

Full album can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment