Thursday 31 January 2013

That was not expected...

When normal people do some impulsive purchasing they usually end up with more clothes, gadgets or something similar. When I do it I end up with another trip... This time it's a quick trip to Iceland during the Easter holidays.

28th of March
Early departure to Reykjavik via Oslo. I would have preferred a direct flight but it wouldn't get me there until mid-afternoon. I arrive around midday where I have the afternoon by myself where I can have a wander and check in at the hotel. In the evening - if it doesn't get cancelled due to bad weather - I get picked up to go for a drive where we start off with exploration of some lava caves, a dinner at Rauda Husid restaurant in Eyrarbakki (which involves lobsters), and finishing off with driving out into the darkness to hunt for aurora borealis (northern lights). A late return to the hotel is to be expected.

29th of March
Visiting Golden Circle we will be seeing geysirs, Gullfoss waterfall and Þingvellir national park. This will be followed by visiting the Leiðarendi lava caves.

30th of March
Departing the hotel the aim for the day is to go to Sólheimajökull glacier on the southern part of the island where we will have a short hike before we get the chance of trying some ice wall climbing. On the way back we will be passing by the Skógafoss waterfall.

31st of March
Going to the Blue Lagoon (geothermal spa) in the morning for some relaxation, and catching a plane back home in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment