Wednesday 23 January 2013

First trip this year

I am planning several trips this year and I just received confirmation for the first one. This time it's a week's trip to eastern Turkey where the goal is to climb Mt. Ararat, 5165m tall.

4th of September
Departure from Copenhagen in the evening

5th of September
Arrival in Van after a short layover in Istanbul. Upon arrival we will drive to Dogubeyatzik.

6th - 10th of September
We will start with a short drive to Eli at 2200m, after which we will start our climb to Camp I at 3200m. This is followed by an acclimatization hike to up to 4100m, and after an extra night in Camp I we will climb to Camp II at 4100m. The climb towards to top starts early and near the top crampons might be necessary. When descending we continue all the way down to Camp I. Continue back to Van where we spend the last night in Turkey.

11th of September
Flight back to Copenhagen via Istanbul.

No comments:

Post a Comment