Wednesday 10 January 2018

Back to watching animals

In Denmark when quitting/being laid off from a job, depending on contract and agreement with the (former) employer, you are able to get some of your leftover vacation paid out into a vacation fund which you can get paid out when you are going on vacation (as you in your new job won't have saved up any vacation yet at that point you'll be able to fall back on the previous-job-money). 

Between Christmas and New Year's I was reminded that I have vacation money to spend - and the way the system works they need to be spent before the 1st of May. 

Oh, dear.

So obviously I need to go travelling. I mean - the vacation money shouldn't go to waste, right? Planning on going to two different cold areas later in the year I was thinking about something warm, and adding the fact that it has been a while I have been on a safari the decision was fairly easy in the end.

12th-13th of March
Flight from Copenhagen to Johannesburg. I am flying via Dubai and while the overall trip would have been shorter if I went over Europe I get to go in A380s. And because Emirates prioritize economy class from Copenhagen there are economy seats on the top floor of the plane. Guess who was willing to pay for a seat reservation on the top floor? And the flight was dirt cheap. Like... really cheap.
Meeting with the group the 13th in the evening and getting barbecue.

14th - 16th of March
Driving to and spending time in Kruger NP. I am looking forward to this - especially expecting to have a better driver/guide than back in 2013 which ended up being a bit of a disappointment. Finishing the tour in the park by driving to different park, Karongwe Private Game Reserve. 

17th - 18th of March
Spending time in Karongwe Private Game Reserve, hopefully spotting plenty of other and more animals. Ending with returning to Johannesburg.

19th - 20th of March
Flight back to Copenhagen, finishing hopefully a very successful safari. 

It'll be great getting back into the heat and dust of safari'ing. When going it'll be 2 years since my last safari so it's about time getting out there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment