Friday 1 November 2019

1st of November – Touring the course

I had signed up for a tour of the course so in the morning I joined up with the others from the group who were staying at my hotel (we were spread out on 3 different hotels) where we took the subway to one of the other hotels where we joined the bus, hoping that this time it wouldn’t be one with braking problems. Before leaving our hotel, though, I grabbed some breakfast. The selection was limited; tea, coffee, water and bread rolls, bagels and the biggest muffins I remember I have ever seen. Obviously that would be my breakfast. How could it not be?

We drove south to Staten Island where we started following the marathon course as much as possible, depending on access for larger vehicles (or vehicles in general). It was actually pretty nice getting to see the course before the day, despite just sitting in a large bus you still got a feel for the course when driving along. I got the impression that some of the streets seemed a bit narrow, especially considering the number of people participating in the run, but I guess it’s the same route as the previous years so they have it scaled accordingly.

Manhattan Bridge seen from the corner of Washington and Water in Brooklyn.

When getting dropped off at the hotel I took the subway to Brooklyn and had a walk around there and mostly enjoyed the clear views of the Manhattan skyline over the river. I returned by foot over the Brooklyn bridge, walked up to Times Square while it had gotten dark and got a few shots before going to Little Italy for dinner before returning to my hotel.


Southern Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge.

Crossing Brooklyn Bridge.

Times Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment