Tuesday 26 November 2019

Going to US' hat

With many of my trips in 2020 involving some kind of running I felt it was necessary to book a tour that involved more relaxation than physical exertion to counter the exercise. My long list of places I want to go, roughly prioritized depending on current inspirations, has some destinations that have been a fair bit down on the list for a while. This is slowly changing, mainly because of the destinations higher on the list have been visited. But also because it gets me to some (potentially) beautiful nature, and it gives me a chance to maybe meet up with some of those people I have met in recent years through my trips.

So on this trip I’ll be aiming for a new country on my list – and it’ll be hard to miss considering its size.

28th – 31st of May
Flying out from Copenhagen in the morning via Frankfurt and arriving in Calgary in the western part of Canada in the afternoon. Here I’ll be spending a few days walking around and checking out the sights until Sunday the 31st where I’ll be participating in the Calgary marathon. Might as well sign up for the run when it’s occurring when I’m there. The timing is totally coincidental.

1st – 4th of June
Meeting up with the group on the 1st in the evening before leaving the following morning and going to the town of Banff, surrounded by beautiful views and landscapes. This will be a common feature for most of the places we will spend time on this trip. After a night there we’ll continue to Lake Louise where we will spend a full day.

5th – 8th of June
After having spent a full day in Lake Louise we’ll move further west towards Jasper where we also will spend a day to have time to take in the surroundings. The same is scheduled for when we arrive Wells Gray Park that we will go to after Lake Louise. Wells Gray Park apparently has quite a few waterfalls that are worth checking out.

9th – 14th of June
From Wells Gray Park we will continue on to Whistler followed by reaching the coast and taking the ferry to Vancouver Island and spending the night in Tofino. When in Tofino we will be going on a whale safari and doing some relaxing wandering around before driving south to Victoria (where we won’t spend an extra day) before taking the ferry back to the main land and driving to Vancouver where we will arrive some time in the afternoon concluding the tour.

15th – 19th of June
I’ll be staying in Vancouver by myself for a couple of days before flying home the 18th in the afternoon and coming home the following afternoon. Just like Calgary I’ll get my tourist hat on, having a look around, just without any running this time.

Canada is full of beautiful nature which I am looking forward to see, and I’m hoping that the wildlife will be showing itself from it’s outgoing side. And if not that’ll just be an excuse to return some other time. Nights outside of Calgary and Vancouver will be spent camping and while that means cutting down on the luxury of a hotel room I won’t mind much considering the surroundings we will be finding ourselves in.

No comments:

Post a Comment