Monday 27 September 2021

The Chicago replacement

With my spot on the Chicago marathon in October being postponed to next year I was saved from having to put myself another marathon – voluntarily, even! But I then also realized that my training for the marathon would go to waste, and that bothered me. All that running for nothing?

Obviously a solution had to be found, and found it was! I looked through lists of current marathons in the immediate neighborhood and found a few that looked interesting, and after a few days I had found the one to go with.

5th – 11th of October
The winner of my search ended up being Leiden Marathon, located between Rotterdam and Amsterdam. I'm spending a bit extra time there than I usually do for a normal extended weekend as there are good train connections to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht so I am hoping that I get some time to see at least some of those, too, while I'm there. The run is on the Sunday the 10th so I'll have plenty of time to have a look around. It's apparently a small run, the last few years 7-800 people participated, and I suspect the number will likely be lower this year. 

Another run, another marathon, but with the location in mind, no matter how bad the weather is or how bad the run goes, I think I can be fairly sure that the course will be guaranteed flat the entire way. It'll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment