Monday 24 April 2023

23rd – 24th – Post race and return home

In the evening the travel group met up in the hotel’s bar where we had a few drinks before heading into the hotel’s restaurant. It was a mixed experience; ordering the food was easy and it (and the drinks) arrived very fast, but despite ordering individually (we were sitting spread out and not at one single large table) they had completely forgotten who had ordered what, and it didn’t help that people were often engrossed in discussions and didn’t notice a waiter looking for an owner of a plate of food. Or that some people seemed confused about what had been ordered. 

Having a late flight out the next day I left my bag at the hotel before having one last walk in the city. I could still feel the soreness from yesterday but it wasn’t too bad. I definitely also saw people walking who were struggling significantly more than me getting around. The weather on the list day was generally ok – better than the previous – so that was pleasant. 

One last look at the parakeets.

Getting to the airport was as easy as arrival, and I was soon seated in a lounge with a view of the planes. Too bad it turned out that it was probably the lounge I could have chosen that was the furthest away from my gate. That wasn’t part of the plan, and because they didn’t reveal the gate number until less than half an hour before boarding I had to do a brisk almost 20 minute walk to my gate. While I didn’t have major issues with my leg from yesterday throughout the day, I could definitely feel that walk. But with an uneventful flight and a train departure on arrival that didn’t fit at all with when I showed up on the platform, I was soon home resting my legs and feeling happy about another trip done. 

Full album can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment