Sunday 31 March 2013

31st - Iceland, final thoughts

It was nice to be able to travel away like this if just for a few days. What one needs to prepare for, though, is that you end up having to drive a lot. There is plenty to see but it’s all spread out. And I think I wasn’t quite mentally prepared to be sitting in a car more than half the time we were on tours but there you go. And without the long drives I wouldn’t have seen what I did, so I guess it’s fine. Just keep it in mind if you choose to go to Iceland yourself. And gave plenty of time for the occasional nap, needed after only 6-hour sleeps for several nights in a row. :)

Also, the weather wasn’t really impressive when I was there. A cloud coverage of 60-85% with high winds. Only a slight drizzle now and then, so we stayed dry. But I would have preferred that there had been less clouds, even if the temps of 5-8 degrees meant it was warmer than at home.

Anyway; a quick thanks to my guides on the tours – Simmi, Björg and Mike. Cool guys, you were a big part of making the trip memorable!

Anyways, enough of this. Better start mentally preparing for the next trip. 3,5 months, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment