Thursday 8 February 2018

Surprise weekend trip

Towards the end of January I received a mail from SAS informing me that my bonus points would expire March the 31st if I didn't spend them before then. I didn't think much of it, mostly because I didn’t really have enough for me to worry about that. Until I remembered that I a few days earlier had received another mail from them informing me that they had lowered the prices on certain destinations and travel dates. 

So I had a look – because why not?

I ended up finding two destinations, and I hadn't visited any of them before, either. And while I hadn't really considered visiting with free flight tickets that could easily change. I first looked into going to Helsinki but realized that staying at a hotel remotely close to the center got really pricey. So I chose option two instead. Long live Danish holidays in the spring letting you go for three days without having to take extra time off...

27th – 29th of April
Visiting Tallinn, capital of Estonia. Nothing much else to say. I found a nice-looking hotel in the old part of town for very little so that’s a plus. And then I’ll just spend the extended weekend on walking around and enjoying the beautiful old city.

And as a bonus I even had enough bonus points with SAS that I was able to fly economy plus instead of just economy. I’m not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment