Saturday 1 June 2019

1st of June – Rest day

Today was a do-nothing-day. So I slept in, relaxed and went to the runner’s expo at noon to pick up my number and t-shirt. The intensity there was a fair bit different than the one for Copenhagen marathon a few weeks ago: here in total on all distances there are around 600 signed up, whereas in Copenhagen around 13.000 had signed up for the race. Being more laid back it only took me a few minutes to be done and after having returned to the hotel with my newly acquired stuff I grabbed my camera and went for a walk in town.

After already having had a walk around there wasn’t much new to see – let’s be honest: if you have spent a few hours walking around here you have pretty much seen it all. I did find a small park, though, that quite effectively blocked out the (limited) noise from the streets going by. It was quite serene with a small pond filled with ducks.

For dinner I went to a very nice Italian restaurant for which I had read reviews that had stated that the pasta portion sizes were huge. This I thought would be perfect for my upcoming run, but I realized that they were pretty normal sizes. That was a slight disappointment, but it was still very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment