Tuesday 2 April 2019

Going south, but just a bit

My trips usually bring me outside Europe as that is where most of the countries are that I haven’t visited yet. But occasionally, if something special comes up or if I get a chance to spend an extended weekend in one of the few European countries I still haven’t visited, I obviously deviate that.

In this case it’s not because I haven’t been there before – I’ve been in Germany multiple times and visited Berlin when going on summer vacations with my parents back in the old days. Instead, something popped up. I have lately on good days felt quite optimistic, on bad days I have been trying to figure out if I secretly want me to be in pain. But since I booked my trip to the Faroe Islands the ridiculous optimism has grown.

27th of September
Leaving home by car and spend the day driving to Berlin. I actually convinced my parents to join in on the trip – they get a visit to Berlin out of it, and I get moral support. And a ride. The former is obviously the main thing.

28th of September
Frühstückslauf in the morning – breakfast run. A gentle 6km run in the morning from Charlottenburg to the Olympic stadium. Relaxing and mental preparation the rest of the day.

29th of September
The goal of the trip – Berlin Marathon. At least it will be (technically) easier than Torshavn which is a relief, but it’s still a marathon so not nearly easy in itself. The travel company coordinating this trip has arranged for a dinner in the evening in the TV tower for those who want of their clients.

30th of September
Drive back home.

The Berlin marathon is one of the biggest ones in the world (45000-ish runners) so it’s going to a blast. Completely different from the Copenhagen run (9500-ish runners at the time of writing) and Torshavn (there were 147 runners last year).

No comments:

Post a Comment