Tuesday 2 April 2019

Pakistan update - again

Despite having my last trip to Pakistan cancelled I was surprisingly optimistic about this one. And I guess that jinxed it somehow, so this trip has now also been cancelled.

The foreign ministry had increased the safety rating for the area we were going to, but for some reason they decreased it again to a level that made the travel company cancel. I met with the company's owner at a travel convention and couldn't help but ask about it, and he confirmed there was nothing he could do. The cancellation mail arrived in my inbox only a few days after the skirmish between India and Pakistan in February which resulted in planes being shot down so I assumed that had been the cause, but he said that the foreign ministry had made the change 2 weeks before that, so he was really confused - especially considering he couldn't get any kind of answer to why they had made the change.

Oh, well. That just means a new chance for more planning for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment