Saturday 7 November 2015

6th – 7th – Departure and arrival

As mentioned previously the plan was to go via Doha with a 4 hour layover. My connecting flight got cancelled so I was moved to another flight 4 hours later, giving me 8½ hours in Doha. This meant that Qatar airways arranged accommodation for me during the stay.

The trip went well until we were to leave CPH airport. Technical issues with the plane meant we were delayed almost two hours before even taking off. Apart from that it wasn’t too bad; the Dreamliner has some massive personal screens which was nice. But I seemed to be seated among groups split up in different rows who preferred getting together in the aisles and them being relatively narrow there was an above average occurrence of butt-to-shoulder action going on.

Arriving in Doha I had only 6 hours in the airport due to the delay, and even if though was the airport hotel I got a room in it only gave me 4 hours of sleep. The room was really nice; big bed and the bathroom was almost split into three separate rooms. The flight from Doha went fine apart from Mr. “let me tip my seat all the way back regardless of the guy behind me”. Being an older plane the legroom was not as optimal as on the previous one.

I arrived in Kathmandu and broke a personal record; it took almost 2 hours to get from the plane and out to the pickup waiting for me. Not due to security or similar (which was very easy to get through), but rather due to having to wait for my luggage for almost 1½ hours.

Met up with the rest of the group at the usual meeting on the evening/night of arrival and packed our bags for the upcoming weeks. We have been given a duffel bag each which is to be packed with 7-10kg. The limiting factor in this case is more volume than weight.

Leaving the hotel tomorrow at 0530 to start the trip off with a 7 hour drive. Breakfast will be had along the way.

We are 14 people in the group; 5 Aussies, 2 Germans, 3 Austrians, 1 American, 1 Canadian, a Brit and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment