Tuesday 27 October 2009

27th - 88

“88th floor”. It’s not every day you hear an elevator say that. 9 m/s. 88 floors in 38 seconds. Takes almost 16 floors to slow down to a full stop. Tallest residential building in the world. Tallest building in Australia. Tallest publically accessible floor in the world.

The Heureka Tower in Melbourne is an awesome tower, towering over the other buildings in the surrounding area. You get a great view from the top, but unfortunately it was warm enough to ruin the visibility on the long distances. And a lot of kids. Noisy kids. Very kick-tempting noisy kids. Both when I was up during the day, but also during the night. Despite that it was great getting another perspective to the city.

I went to the Queen Elizabeth market – probably the largest market I have been at for a very long time, and complete chaos. But it was fun walking around the booths, and the building containing butchers, fish shops and delicatessen.

My Visa is screwing up – thank God for Mastercard backup.

I am going home on Saturday. Amazing how time flies. I am leaving for Alice Spring tomorrow morning, but I fear that I will feel that I need more time in the middle.



No comments:

Post a Comment