Tuesday 13 October 2009

13th - On to act 2...(Monday)

This day was the conclusion of my staying in Sydney, so now it’s on to the next act of my vacation. The conclusion was very non-active. I wandered around in the city without much goal and just checked out the people and the general activity on the streets. I went to King’s Cross to get some lunch, an area that is a little special, but very pleasant. Even got to see a drug deal in action (free, no admission fee!). Woo!

I sat an hour at circular quay just sucking in impressions. It was nice; it’s amazing how much time can pass by just sitting and looking. I did the same after taking the last night pictures of the opera house. I had to force myself away and back to the hotel. That building is beautiful in the night.

I think it’s a good thing that I won’t be staying as long at the other locations I have planned; I got way too attached to the city. It’s probably quite healthy for me that I am moving on now.

Tomorrow I’ll be picking up my rental car at Hertz and driving to Newcastle, but not without first going past the Blue Mountains. I’m looking forward to see how it will go driving in the wrong side. Left side. Whatever you want to call it.

Let’s see how the weather will be. Until now it hasn’t been impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment