Monday 19 October 2009

19th - Getting high

Sorry about not updating yesterday; combining heat and less than half a liter of water a day is the sure way to get the body to open up all the valves… So yesterday in Lismore I ended up in my room being a man about my dehydration; a little whiny, watched some TV, tucked under the cover and wished that somebody would come and give a cuddle to lighten the mood. So that was fun! (Wow, sarcasm! That’s original…!).

I’m still feeling a little queasy, so this will be done fairly quickly.

Driving from Lismore to Surfers Paradise I went by Byron Bay and Byron Cape. Byron Cape is the most easterly point in Australia. Byron Bay is a small town, but the activity was intense – chaos is probably the best description. Probably because of the good weather.

Arriving in Surfers Paradise I ended up in total chaos, as the city is being setup for Nikon SuperGP which will be done in the streets. The streets are closed, rerouted and changed. Making a turn to drive 50 meters to get to the hotel resulted in a drive of 12 km to get around and back to the hotel. At least I can now say that I have been driving on a race track.

Checked in a room on 11th floor; would have felt more impressive if there weren’t 21 floors in the building and I can’t see much more than other hotels in the area from my balcony. Took a walk on the beach where it was possible to see a group of orcas jumping around in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment